Yesterday was crazy... Mick, Thomas and I left for the hospital a little before 7:00 am. By 9:00ish he was taken in for his procedure. I then drove Thomas to school. An hour or so later of driving, I was back at the hospital just in time for the nurse to walk out and say that the doctor had just finished. Then Mick's doc came out to tell me the good news.... this time with a smile on his face...(last week he came out very concerned).... 15 minutes later I got to go into the procedure room and stand with Mick.... He was sore and had a furrow in his brow. He said last week I don't remember any part of the procedure, but this time I remember every minute.... It's hard to see my Love in pain. By 11:00 pm Mick was admitted into the hospital for a 6 hour observation.... by 1:00 he had eaten lunch, finally taken some pain meds and was resting.
At 1:00 I got a phone call from my friend who was watching Thomas after school. She said that he was teary and complaining that his ear hurt.... So.... forty-five minutes later, I was picking up Thomas. When I arrived he wrapped his arms around my legs and just sobbed. I sat on the floor with him and I forced back my own tears. Here was my Little Love in pain.... (both of my guys weren't doing very well, and both on the same day.... it was heartbreaking..) We got ourselves pulled together, drove him home, talked him into taking Children's Motrin (which is always a trick!) and then we headed for the Pediatrician's office. He fell asleep on me while we waited for the doc to come in and got a 30 minute nap. It turns out he has a pussy, inflamed ear infection in both ears. Normal protocol for ear infections these days is to let them go w/out antibiotics, but his was such that he has the antibiotics... We went to the pharmacy, picked up his meds and were on our way back to the hospital.
By 5:30 our family arrived at home, together. (what a blessing!) Mick's parents came over with a gift of Mick's favorite Spaghetti Sauce and then a friend of mine from church came over unexpectedly a few minutes later with a delicious and comforting dinner of veggies & dip, freshly baked bread, creamy chicken noodle soup and peppermint stick ice cream..... yummy!!!!
Our family has been sooooo watched over and I have seen the tender mercies of my Father in Heaven just when I needed them the most. He made it possible for me to be everywhere I needed to be, to give me strength to be both wife and mother in full force, exactly at the moments I needed to be. I feel so grateful.
5 comments:
Wow! What a day - poor Mick and poor Thomas. I bet you've been doing quite a lot of nursing. Take care of yourself.
Boy you had a crazy day. I hope all gets a little easier for you soon.
Sounds like quite the emotionally draining day, but am so glad everything is on the up and up. Hope your guys keep recovering well and are better in no time! You should be very proud of yourself.
That is one rough day! So glad you were all helped through it. And I saw in an earlier post that you are moving. Where to? I'll send you an invite to our blog.
I'm so glad the procedure went well. And I didn't know that the protocol these days was to let ear infections go!!
Post a Comment