Tuesday, April 21, 2009

While getting out of the car at my doctor's office yesterday...

Thomas: Mommy, what does getting your throat slit mean?

Mommy: Well, wow Thomas, that means cutting someones throat so they bleed to death....

Thomas: Mommy, I can't watch them do that to you!

Mommy: Ohhhhhh..... Thomas, mommy is just getting her throat swabbed... to see if I have strep throat.....

Yikes.... what a visual!!!

p.s. no strep throat... just a feverous virus that lended itself to 3, 3 hour naps yesterday!!!....

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Haha! That is too funny, cute Thomas! 3 3 hour naps in one day, that must be some sort of record! Hope you're feeling better

ab5cgang said...

You two have great talks. Poor kid. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Amy said...

Yikes! When I was little I had a sinus infection and I was told I had to have a nasal smear, but I thought they said nasal snare! I was scared to death! Glad you didn't have to have your throat slit and that you don't have strep! Hope you feel better soon!

Paul and Susan said...

It's fun to have you share Thomas's conversations and to remember how we saw the world as kid, and sometimes misunderstood what was being said and got a little scared. I'm glad you could put his fears to rest.

Megan B ♥ said...

Hee hee!! Silly Thomas :)