Our Family- October 3, 2010- Hobble Creek Canyon
June held many changes for our family...
-Mick cut ties with his business partner of 6 years and he moved from Ohio to Utah.
-Thomas finished 1st grade and baseball.
-With the help of my Mom and my sister, I dug through our garage and donated about 20+ boxes of "stuff".
Mick came and got Thomas and I in California in July and we all caravaned with the Uhaul to Utah. We lived with my very gracious in-laws, selling almost all our furniture/appliances and extra "stuff", until October when we found a place of our own to rent.
Now, Mick is in school full time, working as a student part-time, Thomas is in school and LOVING it, and I will be starting school in January to finish my degree.
We are so grateful for... (in no particular order...)
...the fact that we are all together, living as a "normal" family, under the same roof, for the first time in a year and a half...
...that we are able to find joy in the little things that we might not have noticed in the past...
...the health that we DO enjoy, we are all alive!...
...food/supply storage-- knowing how to coupon...
...each other...
...friends and family that walk with us through life sharing wisdom, a listening ear, a great joke or a shoulder when needed...
...the beauties all around us.... fall leaves, snow, the mountains....
...the knowledge that there is Someone who knows the end from the beginning and that we will be okay if we put our trust in Him...
I have a LOT of catching up to do.... so many fun pics to post.
But for now...
I am just taking a breath and feeling grateful.
6 comments:
What a beautiful photo! I'm so happy to have an update from you.
It is great to recognize how truly lucky we really are (even if sometimes it may not seem so). Gratitude is the best human sentiment, in my opinion. :)
Look at you, ahead of the game, already listing what you're thankful for before Thanksgiving! :)
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others." -Cicero
Wow, big changes, where are you living and where are you going to school?
Kirsten, love the family picture on the bridge. I'm glad you are getting settled and so excited that you will be able to go back to school! We need to make a trip down to Utah again soon.
Kirsten, SO happy you posted a blog to update us all! Great to hear from you & glad you and your family are doing great! Can't wait to see more updates :)
Glad things are working out! Your positivity is contagious, I'm already in a better mood from reading this. What a beautiful picture! I love your family.
I, for one, am very happy that you have returned to blogging! I look forward to hearing more about your adventures! What are you finishing your degree in (I hope it's not English, or you'll realize that my question is grammatically incorrect). Well, you'll probably notice it anyway, but it will only REALLY grate on your nerves if you are an English major... probably.
Post a Comment