Friday, August 29, 2008

Thomas' First Day of Kindergarten!

We couldn't have asked for a more picture perfect morning...

Thomas wanted breakfast in bed for his special day.... but then ended up being soooo excited, that he couldn't stay in bed another second..... So into the kitchen we ran for a Thomas Wood Breakfast.... Toast w/ strawberry freezer jam, O.J. and a Peanut Butter Spoon!




Next, it was off to get ready for school and take the traditional "first day of school pictures"...... Thomas wanted everyone to see his cool Star Wars backpack!


Notice Mom with no make-up????..... Just preparing for any potential eye leakage... You know how I love preparedness!!!


The very proud (and awesome!) Dad and his son.....



Then it was off to Deerfield Elementary for some playtime before the school bell rang.....

Here are all the children in Mrs. Story's class learning how she wants them to line up before they go into their new classroom...


And, what a proud Mommy moment as Thomas emerges from his first day of Kindergarten......



With a little help.... Thomas takes his very first bus ride.....

Thomas: See ya at home mom!

Mommy: Okay Thomas, have a great time!

Thomas: Hey Mommy, do they know where I live....



Thomas would have stayed on the bus all day if he could.... He loved it! He ran off the bus saying.... "Mommy, can I do this again?".... Little does he know.... he has only just begun.... "yes Thomas... you absolutely can do "this" again!"

1 comment:

scott said...

Wow, that is a really cool star wars backpack! Tell Thomas I'm jealous. That brings back a lot of memories, the new clothes, school supplies, and all of the new kids, particularly the "carnage" with all of them crying after their parents leave. If Thomas could only fathom how long he'll be in school, I mean I'm 28 and pretty much just finished! lol.