Friday, March 13, 2009

Remembering Batta...

Several weeks ago I came across this picture of Batta and I, at one of his jobs sites, when I was about 7 months old....

I couldn't help tearing up a little bit remembering the wonderful man he is.

I miss him. I miss knocking on Gram and Batta's door and having him there. I miss his confident "hey", or him calling me "knot-head" or "cotton-picker". I miss him taking off his belt, pretending he was going to whip me if my nails were painted or if I had make-up on. I miss him "hating" cats... I miss his pranks at Shasta and the Cabin. I miss going to the donut shop.... he always liked chocolate glazed donuts. We would eat so many of them and then he'd swear them off until the next time I came to visit.

He taught me how to tie my shoes... water ski... work hard.....

I miss you Batta! .........Hey.


Families are forever!!!! : )

3 comments:

ab5cgang said...

I think this is great. I think of my grandparents often. It is grand to know that we will get to hold thier hands again.

Jessie Smith said...

Oh I miss him too! When I was reading that I could totally picture him doing the belt thing! I still refuse to eat candy-corn because when I was little he told me about how he got so sick from it one time...I have been scared of that stuff all my life!

Natalie said...

I miss him too! He was the best, he reminds me so much of my dad. I wish I had gotten more time with him