Our family (since we don't have a spud farm) decided to go see where Mick works/lives in Ohio and also visit some of the Church History sites that we have been wanting to see.
Our trip was A-MAZING!!!! We loved being able to spend the first few days traveling and site seeing and then it was down to business..... where should we live.... YIKES that was tricky, but after 2 1/2 weeks we made the decision to move to Northern California.... (more on that in later posts...)
Here is one of our stops along the way.... Palmyra, NY
Thomas in front of the Smith Family Cabin.
They built their ceilings to be a little bit taller than the tallest man in the household...
They built their ceilings to be a little bit taller than the tallest man in the household...
(Mick is 6'4')

Thomas, upstairs in the cabin where Joseph Smith and his brothers slept.

It was a BEAUTIFUL fall day.
Thomas, upstairs in the cabin where Joseph Smith and his brothers slept.
It was a BEAUTIFUL fall day.
(The Palmyra Temple is the building in the background)

The Sacred Grove.
About a month after our trip I read an article about the guy who takes care of the Grove... Even though he is not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, he loves that place and reverences it.
The Sacred Grove.
About a month after our trip I read an article about the guy who takes care of the Grove... Even though he is not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, he loves that place and reverences it.
5 comments:
What a fantastic trip! I just love that first picture you posted. You made me get a little nostalgic for the beautiful fall colors of New England. Thanks for posting that article! It was fascinating!
I'm glad your family got to visit the various church historical sites. I have never been to any of them, so I enjoyed seeing your pictures.
Your family picture in front of the fence and in front of that beautiful fall tree are beautiful. You're so pretty Kirsten. That haircut is perfect for you!
THat looks like such a great trip. Love the fall colors.
That is the neatest thing. I am glad you guys got to go. So you back in Idaho?
Post a Comment