The theme for Camp was "Dazzling Decades at Darby!"..... we were assigned the 80's and the Prophet Spencer W. Kimball--- his theme.... "Lengthen Your Stride".....
We had 2 injuries, a lightning storm, laughing, crying, sharing, major hikes accomplished, unity and love...... that in combination with the Spirit=SUCCESS!!!!
Me, totally STOKED the morning we drove up to camp!!! 

Our crew!!!!! YAHOO! 

Our FABULOUS Youth Counselor, Kayla made this sign for us... 
Some of the crew doin' their "do's".... side ponytails, ratted hair....
and Kathy sporting a "flock of seagulls" look!!!

Some of the crew doin' their "do's".... side ponytails, ratted hair....
and Kathy sporting a "flock of seagulls" look!!!

Our resident hot chocolate thief!!!!!!

It's hard to see, but, he even has a hot chocolate goatee!!! 
The Young Women LOVED their wake-up call..... warm hot chocolate delivered to them in bed and...... a purposefully, horribly, terribly, glass shattering, completely off key, camp leader version of "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" (from "Oklahoma").....
Can you believe they wanted a picture of it???
(that song and hot choc. is one of my fondest memories
from when I went to girl's camp as a Young Woman...)
Most of the crew on Spiritual Night when the Bishopric and
Young Women Leaders came up to camp...
Me and Norma.... my Assistant Camp Leader.... and now.... my friend for life!

Please don't be too scared of the next two pictures.... it's just Norma and I reenacting the first night at camp.....
I warned her that I sometimes talk in my sleep... well, okay.... sometimes I YELL in my sleep...
That night, for some reason in my dreams, aliens were attacking the outside of our tent..... and then..... Norma, poor Norma........ she was an ALIEN!!!!
I looked at her, and yelled...... "WHO ARE YOU?!?"

After she caught her breath from being freaked out that I was going to kill her, she screamed back..... "I'M, NORMA!!!!!"

I rolled over on my cot and tried to calm down.... and finally started to realize that I was just dreaming..... then..... the embarrassment set in....
The next morning, I woke up and knew I needed to address my little sleep talking issue....
so I said...
"Hey Norma? Sorry I woke you up last night..."
That started the laughing that didn't stop for 3 days!!!
P.S...... my VERY AWESOME husband had all the tents aired out swept out and back in the trailer, the ice chests unloaded with all food put away and everything in the camp trailer in order by the time I pulled up to the house after dropping of the last Young Woman........ MICK ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU, DUDE!!!!!
6 comments:
I am glad you had so much fun at camp. That picture of the chipmunk drinking the hot chocolate is amazing! You make a great camp leader!
I'm still laughing from your "who are you" story. Poor norma! I'm so glad she wasn't scared off. have I ever told you about my girls camp sleep-walking (or sleep jumping) incident?
I'm so glad it was a success. Those lucky girls! We were never woken up with hot chocolate! And I'm likin' the side pony tail - good look for you.
ps - I just read your funny story to scott and he is laughing, too.
Liking the 80's look on you!
That dream story is too FUNNY! Haha, poor Norma, don't you just hate that. Haha, I can't stop laughing! Haha! Oh Kirsten!
You would be such a fun camp leader. Can I go next year?
It IS so much work and so worth it. That was eye-opening for me too. It was a blast, but all us leaders are secretly glad that it's over:)
Post a Comment