Families in the Valley have "their" spots, that are secret and sacred, where they go each year and pick their supply of Huckleberries... I've heard of some fun, family traditions... whether it is picking on a Sunday afternoon..... or teaming up with a family member and having a family race to pick the most Huckleberries.... the winning team earning the right to the first, coveted Huckleberry Milkshake....
Since we moved here last year, we have been planning our own Huckleberry hunt.... It just so lined up, that the week Mick was home this month was PERFECT for our trek! So the morning after I got home from camp, we set out..... We picked for 3 hours. We had SO MUCH FUN!
First we went up to Moose Creek at the mouth of the canyon in Victor and then drove over to Tetonia "area" (ha, ha.... not telling specifics as it is now OUR spot!!!) Just kidding.... we went up road 266 which is an old logging road, I believe.... We hit the jackpot there, as the other spot in Victor was picked over....
We froze about 6 cups of berries and then the next morning, for Sunday breakfast, had the most delicious Huckleberry Pancakes!!! YUM!
Thanks to Thomas for taking the pictures... and supplying the beautiful flower for my hair! : )



1 comment:
Sneaky sneaky! That sounds like a really fun Sunday. I've never had a huckleberry before, now I really want to try one
Post a Comment